We are Sports Interactive 🎮
The gaming studio behind: ⚽ Football Manager.
Founded in 1994, Sports Interactive (‘SI’) became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA Europe in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as we bring our titles to an ever-growing audience across an increasing variety of platforms.
To support our growth, we welcome the opportunity to connect with passionate people with the drive to match our ambitions and initiative to realise your individual potential.
As a Game Designer, you will be responsible for creating and guiding the latest feature designs for Football Manager projects on PC. Typical activities will include features definition, systems, and interfaces, with the end goal to feed our football simulation with more quality and depth.
You will join an ambitious and passionate team who care deeply about delivering an outstanding Football Manager experience for PC through improving its quality, usability, and unrivalled depth.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated, and creative designer with great communication skills, solid design methodology, the ability to champion concepts and work within a cross-disciplinary team to bring them to life.
- Design engaging and often complex features and systems to deliver the highest quality Football Manager experience on PC
- Collaborate closely with the UX/UI design team on feature proposals and definition
- Document features and systems to guide implementation through detailed and rigorous specifications
- Present and report on design progress to the Head of Design and Game Director
- Propose key ideas and game improvements to Production and Design leads to help build a high-quality feature roadmap
- Assist in establishing qualitative design methodologies such as research, prototyping and playtesting
- Systems-driven game designer with an appreciation for complexity and depth
- Autonomous and dynamic, able to be a champion for gameplay quality in a remote-friendly team
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with UX/UI designers, software engineers, QA, artists, animators and production staff
- Passionate about both football and video game development
- Comfortable with Game and UX design best practices for PC
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Football Manager
- Proficient with Excel, Machinations and/or other systems-driven tools
- Significant experience working on complex game designs
Benefits of Working at Sports Interactive:
- A flexible working policy to best suit you and your team. 🏠
- Subsidised mental health, therapy and coaching sessions are available. 😌
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 7% of annual salary). 🏦
- Free onsite evening bar in the Sports Interactive London HQ. 🍹
- A well-stocked breakfast bar with cereals, fruits, teas, and coffees. 🥣
- Regular events in collaboration with our partnered football clubs. 🏟️
- Access to our on-site physical and massage therapist services. 💆
- Multiple clubs and societies to join e.g., book club and art workshops.
- Free access to games released under the SEGA Europe umbrella. 🕹️
- A range of Gym Membership options through our Benefits partners. 🏋️
- Fully Subsidised Healthcare and Dental Plans. 🦷
- Free Travel Insurance for yourself and your family. ✈️
- A personalized football shirt upon passing probation. 👕
What is it like to work here?
We approach everything with passion, whether that is making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
For us, talent wins games, but teamwork wins titles. Collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best. We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you are in, so we encourage and support our people in driving your own growth and realising your full potential. But, more than anything else, we are a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that has a lot of fun doing what we do.
And whether that’s technical tweaks or fine-tuning our creative process, everything is geared at producing the best game possible for our players. To do that, we need to be tenacious and move quickly, and not be afraid of switching things up. It is these principles that have enabled us to produce a game that has defined year after year, and that will continue to push us for many more to come.
Our flexible working culture gives you the opportunity to optimise your workload, with in-office, hybrid, and remote working options dependent on role. So, if you want a work/life balance, we are behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that is not all you have got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
We’re also a London Living Wage employer, boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry and are proud to have won the ‘Best Places to Work’ award by Gamesindustry.biz in their Environmental category in 2022.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
Location: Stratford (London)/Remote (possible), United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom