About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are proud to be part of ProbablyMonsters, which secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our team with the resources and creative freedom needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are seeking a Game Designer (Items & End-Game Content) who will be responsible for defining the content vision for our items and end-game activities during pre-production while helping develop the overall item economy of the game. You’ll work closely with others to implement new items and activities and validate the fun of those designs with our community.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 – $137,800. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You enjoy thinking up and trying out new builds in your favorite RPGs
- You love taking on the the hardest challenges a game has to offer
- You are able to discuss the itemization and end-game content of at least one modern ARPG or Looter-Shooter in depth
- You understand what makes an item game fun and are passionate about creating and balancing items
- You evaluate your designs from the perspective of multiple different player types
- You know that the best designs are collaborative and actively seek out the input and feedback of others
- You are comfortable setting your own goals and objectives and working towards them
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design unique items that spark player curiosity and change the way they approach the game
- Collaborate with talented colleagues to bring your item designs to life with robust implementation and exciting visuals
- Guide the team towards the best possible player experiences by being a strong player advocate
- Work with level and systems design to design end-game content that challenges players and drives them to experiment and explore the items you’ve created
- Balance item designs based on your own playtesting and feedback and data you’ve gathered from the team and our community
- Work with systems design to help tune the overall item economy of the game
- Shareable examples of items you’ve designed and implemented for a personal or professional project
- Minimum 2 years professional game development experience with at least 1 year in a game or item design role
- Experience working on an ARPG or Looter Shooter
- Experience working on online multiplayer games in a “live” environment
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. Each team is led by creative leaders united under a strong, focused vision. They're given the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Location: Bellevue, Washington <span class="jv
Country: United States