SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. They are looking for a Game Designer with 2+ years of game design experience to generate captivating content and gameplay mechanisms for Fallout 76. The role entails constructing game systems, scripting gameplay, and creating and executing diverse new content. The ideal candidate should have experience working on well-established franchises, be able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, and collaborate effectively with Producers, Artists, and Engineers daily. SkyBox Labs offers a comprehensive health benefits package, a competitive salary, and flexible hybrid working arrangements.
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a Game Designer who can generate captivating content and gameplay mechanisms for Fallout 76. Your role as a Game Designer will entail constructing game systems, scripting gameplay, and creating and executing diverse new content, to ensure that the game continually offers novel and exciting experiences. Additionally, you have experience working on well-established franchises, where preserving a pre-existing central vision and producing inventive experiences that align with the brand's values must be balanced.
A snapshot of your role:
- Design & tune gameplay system and create new content to be released on a regular schedule
- Balance the needs of multiple stakeholders to cohesively drive development towards the vision
- Standardize, document, and communicate your designs to both internal and external teams
- Pro-actively participate in the production of prototypes & attend play test sessions in order to iterate and validate systems, prior to starting production
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of game design experience
- Experience with shipping at least one console or PC title
- Ability to speak to design processes, from ideation to final release
- Ability to conceptualize user experience, develop pre-visualization, and align with stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Producers, Artists, and Engineers daily; strong presentation skills preferred
- Ability to research and understand our players’ wants and needs, in order to deliver content that will resonate with our audience
- Strong documentation skills and experience with spreadsheets
- Experience with Live Service Games / GaaS
- Familiarity with Unreal or Unity editors
- Familiarity with Creation Kit/Fallout 4 modding
Nice to haves:
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with an supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Please share your portfolio or game credits along with your application.
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-04-11