GetMega is one of the first skill based Real Money Gaming platform for the smartphone generation of the world. We are building a platform where players are pitted against each other to compete in various games requiring skills like Reaction, Attention, Spatial and Logic Reasoning, Visual and Auditory Processing etc. We haver games accross various categories including some of the well known cards and casual game. You should definitely checkout our app at www.getmega.com
GetMega is founded by two Computer Sciences Undergraduates from IIT Kanpur who have previously run and sold VC funded startup in the logistics domain. We are based out of Bengaluru, India and have raised multi-million dollar funding from Top-Tier Institutional Venture Capitalists to disrupt the multi-billion dollar skill based gaming market around the world.
Do you eat, drink, breathe games? Are you obsessed about creating visually stunning games and immersive game experiences? In a world where hundreds of games are launched every single day, are you driven by the vision of creating game art that stands out like Atlantis in the ocean? We’re looking for a Game Art Lead who will push the limits of the possible, and define the experience of GetMega Games.
Values of the Game Art Lead
Hands-on approach: Apart from art directing the team, you will also create game art yourself and conduct regular technical learning sessions for the team on mastering different illustration styles.
Gaming in the DNA: Do you play a lot of games or love watching gameplays - be it on console, PC, mobile, or even paper? What matters is that you intuitively & quickly grasp the mechanics of just about any game.
Take ownership & lead the team: Art direct , the look of all our games with your unique vision. Consistently derive superlative work from your game artists, by inspiring them with your experience and technical expertise. Collaborate with game designers and developers to define the mechanics of all the games.
Get involved: You will not only supervise & motivate, but also dive deep into game conceptualisation, game art innovation, music , animation and more. You will also conduct research & give feedback to your team on a regular basis.
Collaborate: Does collaboration with writers, artists, designers, musicians, animators and developers excite you? You will work very closely with all these (especially the Game Development team) to deliver games that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Feed me back: You should be open to constructive feedback on your work, from just about anyone. We believe great work is created together, not in isolation.
Stay updated, & innovate: By staying on top of art trends, you will keep our games impactful, memorable, and ahead of the curve
Be process- & data-driven: You will guide your teams towards using industry-best practices and following internal processes (such as backup, archives etc).You will also be creating your own processes documents , rules books , style guides, etc
Pivot! Pivot! Pivot!: You should always have a plan B and a plan C ready. Can you quickly find new solutions, and always be prepared for change?
Before time, every time: The charm of working in a startup lies in surprising your competition & consumers. Are you so sharp & driven, that you deliver your best work ahead of time?
What should you deeply care about?
- Delivering the creative output that the business needs, and the business needs to stay ahead of the game!
- Delighting the user every step of the way, by focusing on the user experience within the games. As a studio, we focus on innovation & emotional design, with user delight at the core of it all. We constantly strive to give our users a cathartic experience.
- Enabling your team to bring their imagination to life using different tools, while ensuring they keep evolving & experimenting with styles as artists.
- Nurturing your team of game artists, mentoring and motivating them, believing that their success is your success - as personal development is a part of their professional development.
What would you be doing?
- Formulate & execute game art strategies based on business requirements, brand personality, trends, & industry landscape. Stay on top of design trends and the latest developments in gaming & RMG.
- Deeply understand & contribute towards game strategy, story & mechanics. Intuitively understand character development, anatomy, physiology and environment design.
- Be the single point of contact between the game art team and all other teams at GetMega. Ensure smooth flow of work while adhering to the timelines.
- Provide timely, positive & relevant feedback that minimises the total time taken to develop a creative. Be capable of quickly delivering strong designs during rapid, iterative processes, and multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Stand out as an exceptional visual thinker with a great sense of aesthetics and a deep understanding of colours, composition, grid, typography, and high-fidelity creation. Take every piece of work from good to great, using your aesthetic sense.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with the team to generate ideas for new games, game art styles, and more. Adapt to different art styles and keep an open mind to experiment with new ways of creating game art, while maintaining a research-led design process.
- Work closely with other teams & support them on marketing the games you create. It's not just about posters & logos, but also about launches and media. Manage different points of view and conflicts between team members and across other sub-teams.
Superpowers you’ll need to be a success in this role
- Being articulate & able to communicate effectively.
- Being proactive & agile in a high-pressure work environment, which will ensure we stay ahead of the rapidly changing market.
- The ability to plan well, execute fast, deliver before time, handle multiple high-impact projects, and stay on top of the work schedule.
- The vision to mentor junior resources in the team and take them to the next level.
- The willingness to work with numbers, from performance metrics to employee efficiency & beyond.
- The drive to constantly check the market performance of our creative output and keep tweaking our game art strategy accordingly.
- Outstanding technical proficiency in game art tools / softwares / skills, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, 2D animation, 3D modelling, AfterEffects, game art optimisation, image compression, sprite sheet creation and preparation for mobile.
- 7+ years of experience in game art & management.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, fim or any other relevant field.
- Candidates with a master’s degree and client + agency experience will be given preference.
GetMega is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20