Skydance Animation is seeking an FX Lead with 6+ years of professional experience and 1+ years of experience as a Lead in the animation industry. The FX Lead will be responsible for developing effects, pipelines, and training team members in effects workflows. They will also be required to generate pre-comps of the effects to keep look consistent in the assigned sequence and have strong artistic skills to add dramatic flair to environments, characters, etc. The FX Lead will help develop complex effects, Houdini Digital Assets, and pipelines to be used by the Fx team or other departments. They will lead part of the team providing them with support, guidance, and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth, making sure all the assets follow the quality standards and artistic direction and that achieves the deadlines. The ideal candidate should have VEX/Python scripting abilities, deep knowledge of CG effects with Houdini, and knowledge of Maya and Arnold. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the FX Lead, you will help develop effects, pipelines and train team members in effects workflows.
- Ability to work on different artistic styles with special emphasis on creativity and innovation
- Track consistency in the design of the effects through a sequence to keep visual coherence
- Generate pre-comps of the effects to keep look consistent in the assigned sequence
- Strong artistic skills to be able to add dramatic flair to environments, characters, etc, through the creative use of effects
- Strong sense of timing and weight in animating effects 7 natural phenomena
- Will help develop complex effects, Houdini Digital Assets, and pipelines to be used by the Fx team or other departments
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company, in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment
- Lead part of the team providing them with support, guidance, and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth, making sure all the assets follow the quality standards and artistic direction and that achieves the deadlines
- Follow the Supervisor’s guidance
- 6+ of professional experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Lead in the animation industry
- VEX/Python scripting abilities
- Deep knowledge of CG effects with Houdini
- Knowledge of Maya and Arnold is a big plus
- A strong creative/technical background as a proven leader in setting direction for production and for inspiring and motivating production staff
- Strong proficiency in the English language
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Connecticut New York / New Jersey /
Country: ,United States,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-03-17