Skydance Animation is seeking an FX Artist with at least 2 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of CG FX in Houdini, VEX/Python scripting abilities, and knowledge in Maya and Arnold. The FX Artist will work with their team to create stimulating effects based on volumes, particle systems, rigid bodies, etc. and generate pre-comps of the effects for review with the Supervisor. The candidate should be able to adapt to different VFX styles, bring creativity and innovation to the team, and collaborate with other team members. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As an FX Artist, you will work with your team to create stimulating effects based on volumes, particle systems, rigid bodies, etc. with ease, and create magnificent digital simulations for our animated feature films in production.
- Adapt to different VFX styles, bringing creativity and innovation to the team.
- Utilize strong artistic skills to add dramatic flair to environments, characters, etc. through the creative use of effects.
- Generate pre-comps of the effects for review with the Supervisor, paying close attention to detail.
- Use good sense of timing and weight to animate effects, such as fire, dust, explosions.
- Create simple pipelines and automations.
- Collaborate with other team members and follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance to create a positive working environment.
- Deliver constant quality work on time.
- 2+ years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- Knowledge of CG FX in Houdini.
- VEX/Python scripting abilities and knowledge in Maya and Arnold, are a big pluses.
- High English language level desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-03-17