In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
We are spinning up a new team called ‘Synthetic Environment (SE) Composition’ within our Modelling and Decision Science Function. This team will develop and deliver a standardised Asset Information Architecture, and be responsible for creating a set of applications and services allowing us to better manage, maintain and analyse our ecosystem of content. The work from this team will support modelling scientists and architects by developing tools for design, verification and validation of models within Synthetic Environments.
- To help develop a metadata cataloguing framework to be used by our existing and future projects; and help categorise and catalogue our wide range of assets
- To help develop a Knowledge Base service that queries a range of asset stores and projects, and provides asset information based on an expanding ontology
- To help design and develop user interfaces and applets for querying assets and their relationships, providing different perspectives and visualisations of the knowledge base, in collaboration with the UX designers.
- To collaborate with the team to define, estimate, plan and deliver tasks, according to the product roadmap agreed with the product owner
- Create engineering solutions that are scalable and efficient
- Working closely with modelling and data engineers to better understand user stories and use cases and apply this knowledge to the design process
- Supporting the product owner and the technical delivery manager with requirements capture, planning, backlog refinement, and stakeholder collaboration
- Collaborating with other product development and project teams across the defence business
Why You're Made For This:
- Previous experience of working as part of an Agile product development team
- Experience working with RESTful and gRPC services (and Protobuf is a plus)
- Experience building backend services in Go (and Python is a plus)
- Exposure to Typescript, Node and Redux is not mandatory but a plus
- Experience with containerised deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience building data models for apps, preferably with exposure to two or more of the following types of databases: Graph (e.g. Neo4j, ArangoDB); Relational (e.g. PostgreSQL); Document-oriented (e.g. Elasticsearch).
- Experience with cloud-based deployments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed