Full Stack Game Engineer
You possess a strong technical background and a passion for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. Your superior programming skills set you apart along with your ability to collaborate with a variety of disciplines to create fantastic gameplay for the players.
You will be joining a team of Engineers who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other programmers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players.
Sound like a match? Kabam Acadia, Charlottetown is looking for a Mobile Game Engineer to join us!
Here’s what you can expect to do:
- General game development programming, including UI, debugging,
- Participate in development scheduling and hit deadlines for assigned tasks
- Implement well-architected systems that are robust, flexible and performant
- Implement core engine-level systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts
- Work closely with the Technical Director and take technical feedback
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Practical experience authoring code in C# and/or C++
- Software engineering experience with server-based technologies
- Solid problem-solving skills
- A proven track record of collaborating and contributing within a dynamic team setting
- The ability to work independently on given tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition, it is nice to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of developing in a live service environment
- Proficiency in Unity3D, along with Unity GUI / NGUI frameworks
- Experience with SCM tools ( Git / Perforce )
- JS and NoSQL experience ( Node / MongoDB )
- Experience building synchronous multiplayer games.
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest mobile gaming trends
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in debugging, performance profiling and code analysis
- Experience working in Agile, Kanban, and similar project management methodologies.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20