At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Game Developer with a focus on the backend side to join our gaming company. Our games are multiplayer and created in different programming languages, including C++, C#, and Python. As a Senior Full Stack Game Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our games, from continuing development to live operation.
- Develop and maintain our multiplayer games on both frontend and backend sides using C++, C#, and Python.
- Own the tech stack and ensure that the backend of the games is highly available, distributed, live, and real-time services.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and integrate dependent services.
- Work with mature legacy codebases and comply with local regulations for global use.
- Develop on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Develop and maintain scalable databases, using MySQL or other technologies.
- Work with cloud technologies and distributed systems, including system/software architectures, microservices, and high availability.
- Create documentation for each feature that is developed by yourself.
- Work with QA to ensure that the games are tested for compliance and compatibility.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience developing and operating highly available, distributed, live, real-time services.
- Proficient in C++, C#, and Python. You will likely be doing 70% C++, 5% C#, 25% Python.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with database development (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and scalable databases.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems, including system/software architectures, microservices, and high availability.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable with owning the tech stack from development to live operation.
- Ability to develop software that is used globally in compliance with local regulations.
- Experience working with mature legacy codebases.
- Experience developing on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Location: Remote<span>,</span> Warsaw, Poland