Front End Developer (6 months fixed term employment)
The Digital Marketing team at Improbable is a small, but core team within the business. The team works across every product line and business unit and has a reputation for on-time delivery and quality work, especially in regards to websites, events, and product campaigns. It’s time for the team to expand and move from a competent capability to a team that is driving real business impact.
Areas of Impact:
- As a Front-End Developer joining Improbable for 6 months fixed term period which we will hopefully look to extend where possible.
- You will be integral in helping this team to drive impact with a focus on delivering interactive, content-driven websites with third-party API integrations.
- You'll be responsible for meeting stakeholders, gathering requirements, and building features independently.
- Improbable has grown dramatically with acquisitions of Zeus in the games technology space, 3 games studios, and our defense business continuing to grow at a rapid rate.
- You'll be working across a broad range of products, varying customers, and lots of stakeholders.
- Currently, the digital team supports all of our business units with website projects, campaigns, product releases and events (to name a few), so you’ll have plenty of variety and exposure, across technology, gaming and defence.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Industry experience in front-end development working on multi-page websites rather than single-page applications
- Comfortable with web standards, semantics, and Accessibility
- Familiar with the Jamstack, CMS modelling concepts and querying (e.g GraphQL)
- Experience with Gatsby/React (or other unidirectional data flow framework)
- Familiar with NodeJS build process
- Good attention to detail for UI/UX and able to build responsive layouts and interactions
- Comfortable working in a small team and changing priorities when necessary
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20