PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Financial Operations Associate (Contract)
San Mateo, CA / hybrid
*Please note, this is a temporary position through our staffing partner, DZConnex. The length of contract is 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to join the GPDR (Global Publisher and Developer Relations) Operations, Planning, & Strategy team as a Financial Operations Associate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting leaders in Global Partner Marketing (GPM) and Global Portfolio Strategy & Acquisition (GPS&A) in their execution and maintenance of their multi-million-dollar spending budgets.
- Owning contract creation, purchase order creation, & invoice tracking
- Leading month end review meetings with Partner Marketing in America and updating their budget tracker with monthly actuals
- Participating and supporting the Portfolio team in their month end review meetings
- Partnering with Americas finance to deliver the required information for accurate month end results
- Facilitating the quarterly forecast and annual budget process and review meetings with the budget owners
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
What we are looking for:
- Organized and able to get things done on your own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage deliverables on tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and quick to learn
- At least 1+ working in FP&A in a tech or entertainment company
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting
- Basic understanding of managerial accounting principles (ie: accruals, reclasses, pre-paid, expense recognition)
- Intermediate/Proficient Excel skills
- Prior experience supporting business units with month end close
- Prior experience with supporting marketing budgets
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed