Exploratory Tester, Defence
Your mission is to provide hands-on exploratory testing experience for our delivery teams. Through this you will become central to shaping and sharing our processes around exploratory testing as a whole. Your work will have the impact of directly contributing to the success of our distributed simulation platforms.
You will routinely provide knowledge sharing and mentoring to our growing test practice as well as their project team members to help them understand the benefits of this method of testing.
Areas for Impact
- Supporting a range of testing and review tasks to such requirements decomposition and review, risk identification & mitigation and performing exploratory testing
- You will review and improve the release processes of the various teams helping identify and resolve bottlenecks to drive faster and more frequent releases
- Educate teams on optimised practises for ways of working, testing and development via consultancy, mentoring and workshopping
- Have a direct impact on continuing to establish a best-in-class testing culture
- Be a key part of future hiring practises and decisions for the test practice
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience in creating and using test charters and session based test management
- Strong knowledge and experience using testing heuristics and oracles
- A firm understanding of context driven testing
- Have experience of testing at multiple layers of the modern tech stack - UI, API, database, infrastructure and cloud
- Can explain your test approach to usability, accessibility, functionality and performance
- Have the desire to share your skills and knowledge with others.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20