Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an experienced Unreal Engine Developer to join the F1 Manager development team. As an Experienced Unreal Developer on F1 Manager you will have a fantastic opportunity to master the modern generation of PlayStation and Xbox consoles using the latest technology in Unreal Engine. You will promote and champion F1 Manager Unreal Engine best practices to the wider development team.
F1 Manager is the officially licensed F1 management sim which aims to offer the most detailed and authentic motorsport management experience on the market. A true AAA management title, F1 Manager combines the instantly recognisable look and feel of F1’s official branding with an exhilarating broadcast-style race day experience.
- Ensuring a great F1 Manager experience for both PC and console players.
- Profiling all aspects of the game; CPU, GPU, memory, IO.
- Report directly to the Development Lead and collaborate with them to identify new tasks for the team.
- Encouraging development practices within the team that promote both an exemplary development and player experience.
- Work with the CI/CD team to identify better processes and tests for game development.
- Proactive, and able to solve issues independently.
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and communicating issues effectively to other members of the team.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Keeps up-to-date with new game technologies.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5 in a commercial context.
- Experience with Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles (ideally under Unreal Engine 4/5).
- Good understanding of Unreal asset management and efficient asset construction.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and understand the intent of the original author.
- Good programming skills using C++ in a large codebase.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine build processes.
- Knowledge of Perforce/Helix Core.
- Knowledge of PlayStation and Xbox certification requirements.
- Interest in F1.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge Remote /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed