Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
As Executive Producer, you are the Visionary and Chief Executive Motivator of our games teams. You set the vision for our games. Every day, you inspire every team member to produce their greatest work. You are steadfast and vigilant, staying fully alert to the weaknesses, strengths, threats, and opportunities facing your games. Your energy is insatiable and contagious, infecting the team with confidence and comradery. Your strong, magnetic personality and charisma shine daily as you excite the team with your game’s potential while being the communication bridge between all stakeholders. Public speaking is second nature to you. You maintain overall planning and budgetary responsibilities for your games and ensure your projects achieve their ambitious goals. You build and lead teams of multidisciplinary people, including other producers, engineers, product managers, and creatives.
- Run a game, ensuring it’s high quality, on time, and succeeds against business goals.
- Maintain the project’s budget, optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development and provide analysis and reporting to production leadership.
- Support the creation of each game’s schedule, budget, production pathways, and overall plan; continue to provide supervision and support through the full live operations life-cycle.
- Identify risks early and often while suggesting mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
- Manage multidisciplinary people. You can hire, train, and organize a skilled team; be prepared to lead, mentor, and develop future leaders.
- Evaluate and judge gameplay, using data and playtesting. Identify what plays and looks good and how to drive improvements towards greatness by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Establish and leverage relationships with key stakeholders including Executive Management, Art, Marketing, and Operations.
- Provide creativity and strategic direction to games teams to improve product quality and drive game innovation. Ensure games maintain or exceed creative and technical objectives with each release.
- Create a culture that promotes brainstorming, collaboration, continuous feedback, support, and empowerment. Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; recognize and reward employees for strong performance.
- Be knowledgeable about games and trends in the industry, with a focus on mobile free-to-play, casual, and social gaming.
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry (in a role working on the game development process).
- 5+ years of experience building, growing, and managing multidisciplinary teams.
- 3+ years of experience at Senior Producer level or above.
- Experience shipping 3+ high-quality titles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding Project Management skills and concept development.
- Capacity for analyzing the broader gaming market and adapting games and products to the market.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20