What We Need:
We are looking for a highly top-tier Executive Producer to own the development of a key franchise at Hangar 13. This role will play a vital part in the successful delivery of a major new title, including post-launch content and future franchise planning. You’ll be collaborating with project leads, management, and our external partners daily ensuring this project progresses to successful completion. This position reports into the President of Hangar 13.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the development of Hangar 13’s unannounced game - run internal and external teams across multiple locations to meet production schedules and deliver the project to quality, time and budget expectations
- Help define, specify, and drive the development of the game’s monetization strategies and meta-game features.
- Work closely with Producers to develop product budgets and schedules across the team
- Partner with the Heads of Development to ensure H13 core development processes are adhered to with consistency
- Mentor producers at all levels of the team, taking a keen curiosity about their growth and career development
- Ensure that coherent goals are set for the team from achievement to achievement, and that they are understood and performed upon
- Coordinate and assist with marketing, sales, focus testing, outsourcing and other external parties as required
- Act as the liaison with other departments within and outside 2K to ensure relevant parties are informed of plans, features, and timelines, and to improve cross-functional processes.
- Cultivate and maintain a globally distributed team spirit across locations.
- Lead by example to ensure a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive team.
- Be part of a positive, solution-focused environment, actively identifying and prioritizing issues as they arise.
Who We Believe Will Be A Good Fit:
- 8+ years of experience in the video game industry producing and developing console games from conception to release
- 4+ years of experience as a Lead-level Producer or higher, and have shipped AAA games
- Experienced knowledge of industry-standard project management methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.) and the value and place of each
- Experience leading an internal, multidisciplinary development team or an area of development that interacts with multiple fields
- Experience with steering ambiguous ideas into useful items
- Experience identifying and navigating through project risk, whether game-related or business (operations/publishing/legal/etc.)
- Significant knowledge of game development pipelines
- Strong analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, combining leadership and diplomacy -- teamwork-oriented with a positive demeanor and outlook
- Passion and love for videogames!
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio creating AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and Novato (California), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most dedicated developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment. Our focus is on making the highest quality games with balanced, healthy development plans; to continue to tell stories and engage players in worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish, and to be a studio that our team members feel is somewhere they can make difference and develop themselves alongside our games.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative team and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months. Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a quick walk from Brighton station.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.
Location: Brno, South Moravian, Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic