Kabam is looking for an Executive Producer to spearhead their next big AAA game project. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of gaming experience, 5+ years of production leadership experience, and have shipped a AAA console title with more than 1 million units sold. They will be responsible for sustaining the product vision and goals, developing and maintaining the long-term product roadmap, collaborating with corporate partners, evaluating development processes, mentoring the production staff, building excitement around products, and evaluating product health. They will also foster a respectful work environment and cultivate a safe environment for the team. Kabam offers extended health coverage, an employee assistance program, RRSP contribution matching, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, educational support, and a referral program.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Our Vancouver studio is looking for an Executive Producer to spearhead our next big AAA game project at Kabam. This is an unannounced cross-platform title, working in close partnership with a major console on a wholly original IP. As an EP, you will build accountability, cohesiveness and support within your team so they can work effectively together and, in turn, enable each employee and the team to succeed. You will support and foster a growth mindset by engaging and encouraging others to continuously learn through training, mentorship, feedback, and coaching.
You are an experienced product leader with direct experience producing all major game phases (e.g. concept, pre-production, production), including successful live production for AAA console games. You are a connector, linking senior leadership to employees through open communication to ensure all parties remain informed by appropriately cascading organization information and rolling up feedback from the team. You can stay at a high level and articulate a long-term strategy; at the same time, you can roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to support the team when the situation calls for it.
Don't live in Vancouver? Apply anyway! We support fully remote work setups for our employees.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Sustain product vision and goals in alignment with the organization’s overall strategic direction
- Develop, maintain, and be held accountable for the long-term product roadmap and its product goal achievement
- Collaborate directly with corporate partners to develop multi-year brand strategies
- Evaluate development processes for success and iterate where both the team and product need to grow
- Be a strong advocate for your team and their health
- Mentor the Production staff and serves as the primary advocate of our players
- Build excitement around products throughout the game team and the studio
- Remain current on competitor products, industry trends, and techniques in game design
- Evaluate "Product Health" in multiple product phases and is accountable for the overall strategy to maintain product health
- Regularly participate in the staffing, recruitment, onboarding, and performance review processes throughout the year
- Fosters a respectful work environment by encouraging collaboration and appreciation of diversity at all levels of the organization
- Cultivate a safe environment for the group that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict, and expeditious conflict resolution and sets the tone for positive team culture and contributes to the great culture at Kabam
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 10+ years in gaming (preferably in console), with 5+ years in a production leadership role managing a large team
- Experience as an Executive Producer or equivalent shipping a AAA console title with more than 1 million units sold, seeing through the full game development cycle, from concept to release
- Experience in crafting the direction for a product and the results to showcase it
- Strong understanding of technologies associated with game development and production (capabilities and limitations)
- Experience in working with data telemetry to craft and validate hypotheses and understand problems
- A track record of strong leadership, leading by example and being comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience dealing with both the ups and downs of an early unreleased product as well as running a live product
- Keeping the momentum of success going when things are good and experience in dealing with live issues when they randomly occur
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written, concisely and professionally with all levels of the organization
- Solid business acumen paired with the ability to understand complex issues and synthesize the information into digestible pieces to share with the team
- Ability to forge strong relationships within the team, across different disciplines and departments within the organization
- Superb organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
To take it up a notch, you will also have:
- Experience developing an original IP game from concept to ship
- Experience developing AAA console games in the Action, Adventure, or Fighting genres
- Experience running a game team with upwards of 100+ team members
- Experience partnering with external developers or co-dev studios is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the function and relationship between the different departments of game development
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program, where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote US
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-02-02