We are looking for an exceptional environment set dresser to become part of our in-house World team at our studio here in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In this exciting opportunity, you will have the ability to impact and work on an exciting unannounced project. As a Set Dresser, you will have ownership of multiple levels and drive them all the way through development. The candidates must have strong attention to detail and a great sense of visual aesthetic but also a knack for research, history, and different settings.
At our studio, the Environment Set Dresser collaborates with other designers, artists and programmers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun but also feel unique and beautiful.
In this role, you will be tasked with creating the terrain (height map and terrain textures) and layout of the maps. You would also be tasked with dressing maps (settlements and nature maps from different climate zones).
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with other artists, management, and peers in other disciplines
- Ability to manage their own time and workload within deadlines
- Great attention to details
- Good sense of visual aesthetic
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, World Machine Engine, Gaea, Unreal engine/Unity or similar
- Experience with a wide range of game genres including but not limited to: first and third person, RTS, RPG and strategy games. You should have a broad range of knowledge and experience with computer and video games
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed