Gunzilla Games is an independent game development company that is looking for an Environment Concept Artist to create illustrations and bring life to their immersive new world. The ideal candidate should have fluency in industry-standard software for concept art production, broad art skills, and a flawless understanding of fundamentals. They should also have previous contributions to multiple game titles or relevant productions. The company offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks and gym membership. The recruitment process involves filling in a registration form, sending a CV and portfolio, and undergoing a Zoom call, hiring manager and team Zoom interviews, and a competency test.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin’s Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla’s Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for an Environment Concept Artist to create standout art and bring life to our immersive new world.
- As an Environment Concept Artist, you will:
- Generate state-of-the-art illustrations to communicate the game vision with highly descriptive mood, lighting, and design
- Collaborate with the art director and artists to establish visual styles and benchmarks for the project
- Collaborate with various disciplines to solve problems where art intersects with other areas of production
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines, and workflows within the department
- Support the lead artist and art director with any related ad-hoc tasks
- Support the art director to ensure a successful sign-off process by conducting reviews, critiquing work, and providing suitable feedback
- Scope work for critical milestone delivery dates
- Fluency in industry-standard software for concept art production with experience in a 3D package
- Broad art skills and a flawless understanding of fundamentals
- Familiarity with architectural design
- An eye for construction types, both realistic and fictional
- Solid understanding of how concept work affects other areas of the game development pipeline
- Ability to execute quick sketches and present moods and ideas at early stages along with highly polished artwork with ease and minimum supervision
- Ability to produce accurate and actionable callouts based on your art
- Agility in processing ideas and feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous contributions to multiple game titles or relevant productions
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-23