At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Irvine studio is looking for an Environment Artist Intern to join our NBA 2K Dev team. The ideal candidate will provide support across a variety of areas, including modeling, materials and set-dec while working on award-winning NBA 2K franchise! This role will collaborate with both internal and external developers on all aspects of environmental artistry providing an unrivaled internship opportunity. This position is on-site at our Irvine, CA office.
What You Will Do:
- Receive tasks and assignments for prop creation, material work and set decoration
- Assist team members with tasks that could benefit from more hands and eyes
- Apply your own creative experience to the team’s progress. Bring your perspective to the table for feedback
- Motivate and bring a cooperative spirit to your team, always contributing to a positive work environment where everyone is welcome
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Enrolled in a college, university, or trade school at the time of internship
- Work ethic and self-starter that biases towards action
- Hungry to learn and eager to jump right in
- You thrive by collaborating with others and bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Strong artistic skills, both digital and traditional. You are well versed in Maya, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong 2d/Illustration style
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Familiar with basketball, the NBA, and/or the NBA 2K franchise
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $25 and $25 per Hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note that Visual Concepts, along with 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: United States
Country: United States