The Environment Art internship here at Insomniac Games, is an excellent opportunity to be part of game production. This intern will enjoy the work of a fast paced and creative environment. A successful intern will end the summer with a AAA game credit for their resume and will have the opportunity to be mentored by senior members of the team, through the Insomniac process for creating environment art:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Polishing and asset and optimization
- Using Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Photoshop and proprietary tools
- Modelling and texturing props and modular assets from scratch
- Creating procedural materials
- World building in engine
- Delivering milestones with the rest of the team
- Six to twelve months related experience and/or training, or students enrolled at a college or university, working towards a. B.F.A. in Computer Art, Illustration, Game Design, Product Design, or equivalent.
- Master's candidates may apply for this internship.
- We will also consider recent graduates – within 12 months of graduation, when the internship begins
- Must possess strong foundations skills, and production design skills.
- Must be proficient in Maya, Zbrush and Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop.
- Must have experience using game engines such as Unreal, Unity, etc. to build modular environments.
- The ideal interns will be energetic, self-motivated, creative, and responsible, have a passion for video games and art.
- This is a paid, full-time internship.
- The student must be available to intern 5 days per week for approximately 40 hours a week.
- The duration of internship is flexible, but we expect at least an 8-week commitment from our interns.
- This role is based in Burbank, California, Durham, North Carolina, or remote.
Simply click the "Apply" button and submit your resume and your reel/portfolio!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed