What you’ll do
- As engineering manager you’ll be responsible for the execution of projects by leading a team of high seniority data-engineers and backend-engineers
- You’ll be responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching your development team to increase the team effectiveness and engagement with the company’s values and mission as well as to promote individual team members’ growth
- You’ll be responsible of conducting performance reviews aligned with the corporate policies and timelines and deliver well structured and actionable feedbacks to your reports
- You’ll help to build, groom, curate and prioritize the technical backlog, building roadmaps, supervising their execution and giving visibility to stakeholders
- You’ll collaborate with Data Science Managers, Product Managers and other leaders to define and review strategies, visions, projects and priorities and will help elaborate and review your team’s execution plans to make sure they stay aligned
- You’ll help to define and foster the adoption of engineering best practices and development methods oriented at delivering value fast with the required reliability, maintainability, extensibility and lack of over-engineering demanded by the rapidly changing marketing context.
- You’ll establish the necessary rituals to ensure your team stays connected, engaged and informed about what other members of the team are doing, fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange, building trust and ownership of the products the team builds.
- In case you need to perform backfills or open new positions you’ll be responsible for elaborating job descriptions, defining compensations and coordinating the hiring process with our TA team; supervise, help design and execute the interview process together with members of your team, as well as actively participating in the interview process to ensure selected candidates are aligned with the company’s values and culture.
- Your team is responsible for designing, building and evolving a big set of complex data-intensive applications including batch data apps, near real-time data ingestion, ML models and BI pipelines
- These applications also require your team to build, maintain and evolve integrations with several third-party APIs including Ad-networks, MMPs and other data providers used in Digital Marketing
- As engineering manager you’ll be expected to set the technical bar and clearly define expectations for the quality of deliverables in order to ensure high availability, reliability, robustness, performance, cost-effectiveness and maintainability of the developed solutions
- You’ll have to make trade-offs and take calculated risks so that your team is able to deliver results with the speed required to enable the Product team to experiment and adapt fast to market changes and you’ll have to do so while keeping your team aligned, engaged and focused on priorities
- Data quality and data-consistency are key for the success of marketing operations and errors or inconsistencies can have a big impact on performance. As a result, both you and your team are expected to deeply understand the company’s data and its relationships and make sure that all the solutions have adequate monitoring, data-validations and alarms in place to make sure that these problems are detected and diagnosed in a timely fashion, minimizing the impact
What you need
- A solid background in Computer Sciences or similar career
- 3+ years of experience in management positions
- Solid experience working with multiple teams with cross-functional interactions.
- 3+ years of experience working on designing and developing big data-intensive applications in the cloud with technologies such as Spark, Python, Airflow, etc.
- Proficiency and fluency both in written and spoken English, as you’ll be leading an international team
- Excellent high-level communication skills
More about you
The ideal candidate should exhibit a solid understanding backed by some professional experience on the following topics covering both backend engineering as well as data engineering concepts:
- Experience on architecture and design of large-scale systems
- Vertical and Horizontal scaling
- Performance vs Scalability
- High availability
- Consistency patterns
- Availability patterns
- Design of microservice architectures
- Usage of message queues to handle asynchronicity
- Understanding the usage of different type of databases (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, etc.) and replication mechanisms
- Solid understanding of consistency and availability patterns in distributed systems
- Distributed file systems storage, databases and distributed transactions
- Understanding of data processing architectures (Batch processing vs Stream processing)
- Understanding of data-lake architecture and design
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil