VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, San Francisco, Toronto, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Game Studio Engineering team in Perth and currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team.
What you should know about our Engineering team:
- We make room to do things the right way, rather than hacking stuff in
- You own your projects: you build it, you ship it, you run it
- We were born in the cloud: practices like CI/CD, IaC, O11y and CyberSec are part of what we do
When it comes to Learning and Development:
- Learning is part of our fabric. We have a world class Engineering Learning and Development program and we are passionate about career development.
- Thought pioneers regularly give tailored talks and workshops for our team
- We are proactive in the community attending many local and international conferences; and when covid hit we held our own day-long conference: Techtonic
- We have both a technical and management track for career progression and promotions
- We have a library of books and videos with good content and encourage staying on top of new practices.
Our typical Tech stack is PixiJS & Typescript, running on a Node.JS Docker container inside AWS.
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience building and leading high performing teams
- Experience running containerised applications
- Extensive knowledge of cloud-based computing (we’re AWS hosted)
- Deep and broad technical skills in delivering high-transactional online systems, and a desire to stay technically hands-on
- Strong understanding of best practices for front-end development
- Experience using PixiJS or equivalent 2D rendering engines
- Empathy and the willingness to support and mentor your team and their career development
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.
We are on a huge mission to become the biggest gaming company in the world. As we grow to meet this goal, we need talented people rich in diversity to propel us forward. We truly believe the right mix of diversity and authenticity will be our winning hand.
We are committed to creating a diverse, engaging and inclusive culture for our people to shine, with a workplace that honours your experiences, perspectives, unique identity and passions. For those reasons, we encourage you to browse our employment opportunities and apply today. Please let us know of any accommodations you may need during the application process.