Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Engineering for Viewer Growth, you will lead the Live Infrastructure team in developing essential infrastructure and services that map all of the live content on Twitch.
As the Engineering Manager, you will lead your team in developing systems that provide diverse, fun, personalized, and engaging content to viewers. Your team will build powerful and flexible tools that allow users to design new collections of content and experiences which will delight hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. You will work with product managers and partner engineering teams to build powerful discovery experiences for live content. You will develop your team, providing coaching and support for their career goals.
- Lead the development of large-scale, web-based services that map the universe of live content at Twitch
- Maintain available and scalable services and stay ahead of growing demand
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering partners to define the team's roadmap
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued development
- Empathize with Twitch users and ship products that address their needs
- 1+ year of experience as an engineering manager or team lead
- 5+ years of experience developing web services at scale
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Customer obsession and focus on delivering high-quality software
- Experience in data analysis and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience building and scaling services using Amazon Web Services
- Experience writing GO or React.js in production systems
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticket management tools such as JIRA
- You are a Twitch user yourself, either as a viewer or a streamer!
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7703
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed