WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Player and User Live Services Engineering team (PULSE) provides an increasingly excellent player and user experience by driving improvement in our engineering practices, technologies, and architectures. We enable Epic’s engineering teams to build, deploy, manage, and operate services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world-class tools and platforms for our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to use their applications.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is seeking an Engineering Lead to join our team. This role will drive the technical vision for our internal developer portal (based on Backstage), which enables our engineers to create, maintain, and operate their services at a global scale. This opportunity is to help us build, extend, and operate the portal to improve the engineering experience at Epic.
The Engineering Lead will support a team of experienced software engineers to create and maintain features that will delight our developers and teams. A successful candidate will be able to work across multi-disciplinary teams to achieve their goals, while fostering an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful as their authentic selves.
In this role, you will
- Team Management – understand strengths and opportunities for growth, surface opportunities for development for direct reports
- Lead the team in developing features for and operating the developer portal
- Oversee technical designs and implementation of robust, highly scalable solutions
- Define, deliver, and make ongoing improvements of SLAs for the developer portal environment – system health and monitoring, reporting and response, on-call resolution
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and define expectations which translate to a scope of work that the team can effectively deliver on
- Maintain transparent communication with a focus on fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
What we're looking for
- 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role
- Proven track record of guiding and developing teams to deliver solutions, leveraging industry best practices and standards
- Proven track record of guiding a team on operational excellence for online services, including system health, monitoring and troubleshooting, and incident response
- Ability to manage a team roadmap and update stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Familiarity with design and operation of Typescript, Nodejs, and Go services
- Nice-To-Have Skills:
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with the Backstage ecosystem
- Experience building an internal developer focused portal
- Experience implementing Software Development Lifecycle requirements
- Experience implementing data compliance requirements
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Bellevue,Washington,United States
Country: United States