WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
As part of Epic, Harmonix is working to create and enable all types of interactive music experiences in Unreal Engine, Fortnite, and beyond. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Harmonix is seeking an experienced engineering leader to direct the technical approach and execution across all our various projects and initiatives. They will be responsible for ensuring we have an engineering department ready and capable of meeting any technical challenge that may arise, curate the staffing levels across the various engineering specializations, and provide critical technical insight and feedback to the Senior Management team and support project planning and staffing from the engineering perspective. The Engineering Director will have direct management responsibility for the engineers developing our core music technologies, and an indirect leadership and mentoring responsibility for all engineering
project leads to ensure the success of our projects.
In this role, you will
- Have the ability to break down technical concepts and issues for a variety of audiences
- Be able to articulate challenges, risks and trade-offs in a constructive way
- Experience managing and mentoring engineering resources and facilitating their growth
- Communicate clearly and directly with no aversion to difficult conversations
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated mastery of technical skills such as experience with 1st party native APIs and SDKs on multiple console/PC/mobile platform and experience integrating 3rd party tools, online services, networking
- Impeccable problem solving and troubleshooting skills - knows what threads to pull to unravel complex problems
- Experience collaborating with and managing relationships with external partners
- Low level debugging and optimization expertise as well as solid understanding of software licensing and pitfalls of OSS in our space
- Deep experience with product lifecycle for games such as generating detailed project technical requirements, assembling capable teams and executing on said requirements
- Architecting and building solutions in multiple areas of expertise – Gameplay, Graphics, Audio, UI, Networking...
- Bachelor's degree in CS or other relevant technical field, 7+ years of game industry experience in an engineering role, and 3+ years in technical leadership roles, across multiple project/hardware cycles desired
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed