Ramen VR is seeking an Engineering Director to lead and manage a team of software engineers in building the largest, most immersive, multiplayer gaming universe. The ideal candidate will have experience managing remote teams, recruiting and hiring software engineers, and establishing performance evaluation metrics. They should also have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience, 7+ years of experience in Unity and C#, and 5+ years in a leadership role managing lead engineers. The company is looking for someone who has worked in a startup environment that has scaled an engineering function and has managed at least one title or expansion from early concept to launch. The Engineering Director will be responsible for providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle, developing and enforcing engineering processes, and collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines. The company offers unlimited PTO, full coverage health insurance, and an annual tech stipend.
Ramen VR is looking for an Engineering Director who will lead the team and drive the overall engineering culture. We have a team of humble, dedicated, and passionate engineers, and you will be applying your management background and skills to help improve the day-to-day life of this team as we build the largest, most immersive, multiplayer gaming universe.
- Manage remote teams of software engineers and create a safe environment and a diverse team.
- Recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help the team scale effectively.
- Lead and mentor engineers through active coaching and setting measurable goals that help them grow and create maximum impact for the company.
- Help develop and enforce engineering processes.
- Establish performance evaluation metrics with clear objectives and actionable feedback.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software quality and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years working experience in Unity and C#.
- 5+ years in a leadership role managing lead engineers.
- Has worked in a startup environment that has scaled an engineering function.
- You've managed at least one title or expansion from early concept to launch.
- Understanding of the game production life cycle, tools, process and execution planning.
- Great organizational skills and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity.
- Experience diving into complex code bases.
- Experience collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines (backend, frontend, etc).
- Strong communication skills, especially in remote environments.
- MMO development experience
- Passionate about playing and making games
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Join weekly game lunches where we bond and play games together as a team.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working, playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
For full-time employees, we offer unlimited PTO, full coverage health insurance (for you and dependents) if you're based in the US, an annual health & wellness stipend for non-US based folks, annual tech stipends to use towards VR or equipment and more.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17