WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class services and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
As a leader on the Developer Services team, the Engineering Director is responsible for leading a team of engineers to support backend services for Epic’s internal game developers, as well as external partners. The Developer Services team empowers developers to participate in the open metaverse. The group’s focus is to deliver services to game developers -starting with Epic- so they can build creative, real-time, and persistent online experiences in an open metaverse and engage with their audience in meaningful ways.
You’ll be responsible for driving the high-level architectural discussions, proactively removing roadblocks and ensuring the backend development team has all the resources necessary to deliver on Epic's high quality and standards.
The Engineering Director will actively participate and collaborate with Epic’s technical leadership community, surfacing challenges and bringing back solutions to the team, clearly communicating the value and reasoning behind them. In addition, you will be responsible for driving engineering excellence of the development team, ensuring alignment with Epic’s standards, and holding a high bar for performance, as well as actively coaching the team to level up their technical capabilities.
In this role, you will
- Provide direction and career development for reporting engineering managers
- Collaborate with production to continuously evolve systems that promote craftsmanship, reliability and robustness for the engineering teams
- Collaborate with product management to develop the next iteration of our backend services platform, serving both internal stakeholders as well as third party developers and creators
- Build close relationships with stakeholders across Epic and stay involved in their development roadmaps to discover and define requirements for the Online team early in the process
- Collaborate with tech leads to push the quality bar and continuously improve our online service ecosystem
- Build sustainable, high performing teams
What we're looking for
- 5+ years leading engineering teams, and promoting growth and development for engineering managers and their direct reports
- Proven experience collaborating with production teams on high scale, complex projects
- Solid track record of developing strong partnerships with product management teams to develop services for internal stakeholders as well as third party developers and creators
- Demonstrated experience developing successful relationships with internal stakeholders
- Experience partnering with tech leads to create a technical vision and strategy, including roadmap development
- Must be a seasoned leader, with experience recruiting and building sustainable, high performing teams
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Bellevue,Washington,United States
Country: United States