WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Take a look at the Epic Games on AWS case study here.
ENGINEERING - INFRASTRUCTURE
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online service teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
Your primary responsibility will be leadership of our Cloud Operations team with a focus on building a strong team with a growth mindset, setting and holding a high bar for quality, providing context and vision, and delivering impactful results. You will participate in strategic forums directing the future of Epic’s cloud services. You will also provide operational engineering expertise to the Cloud Operations and Data organization as we navigate the problems typical of a fast growing, successful online business with an inevitable long tail to pull in as growth continues.
In this role, you will
- Hire, grow and retain a world class Cloud Operations organization staffed with top notch engineers with expertise spanning infrastructure, systems engineering, software engineering, service resilience and observability.
- Work with Epic application development leadership in an operations engineering capacity focused on scalability, performance, failure modes, graceful degradation and other operational characteristics of services and applications in production environments.
- Lead discussions for infrastructure service roadmaps, solution designs as well as service incidents and problem resolutions.
- Identify the correct measurements as KPIs used to guide teams towards successful outcomes across all of their efforts.
- Provide technical leadership across Epic for Cloud Operations patterns, best practices, solutions and processes with the goal of reducing cycle time friction and improving overall application developer productivity.
What we’re looking for
- Prior experience building and managing global teams in a cloud environment.
- Strong understanding of AWS system architecture patterns and best practices for building high performance services that adapt and adjust to operating conditions so as to maintain runtime operations efficiently. Resilience, Fail Fast, Repairability, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Data Protection.
- In-depth understanding of the HTTP request response cycle encompassing related technologies and protocols such as DNS, CDN caching, TCP/IP fundamentals, API gateways and load balancing and the relationship to network designs.
- Past experience with any agile methodology operating at organizational scale requiring a focus on dependency management and unblocking delivery.
- Systems engineering experience in SOA, microservice or event-driven environments
- Experience participating in compliance programs from translating controls to real world production environments to participating in audits and helping resolve findings that block progress or compromise the outcome of the audit.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed