PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you have experience in game development and a particular interest in shared, lower-level technology? Insomniac games is looking for an Engine Programmer to join its Core Technology department and focus on the development of its AAA game engine with one of our programming teams. Candidates may be considered at higher seniority levels. This job is primarily individual contribution, with support, peer mentoring, and planning responsibilities as appropriate. You'll be developing ownership over an area of Insomniac's engine and tools suite, creating forward-looking and cutting-edge features to support the needs of the production teams building games such as Marvel's Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank.
The Core Technology department at Insomniac includes programmers and technical artists who work outside of any direct project schedules and deliverables, offering some independence and self-management to individuals on the team. They maintain close communication with the production teams, ensuring that the engine team has a direct relationship with the people using their tools and tech to build games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and develop game engine technology based on direction or feedback from team leads
- Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level pipelines
- Design and implement tools that facilitate content creators in developing game assets
- Maintain and update existing systems for increased functionality and performance
- Maintain familiarity with the capabilities and limitations of specific game platform hardware
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Document technical implementation details
- Work with production teams to analyze and address development challenges
- Educate production teams on technology and engine functionality
- Respond to bug reports, feature requests, and questions related to engine technology
- Maintain current knowledge of technological developments in the game industry
- Other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of the game engine landscape and modern engine feature sets
- Experience with game engine programming or a related field
- Strong C++ programming abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed