Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit. To achieve these goals, we are committed to building and empowering a diverse team of people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for Ph.D. , Masters, or Bachelors students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for students who are underrepresented in the field of Engineering/Computing. This includes, but is not limited to, those who self-identify as women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQI+, active or Veteran service members, and/or persons with a disability. We are committed to empowering and elevating representation, inclusion, and belonging in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers and engineers!
Magic Leap is seeking an embedded software Intern with experience working on real time embedded platforms. They will also be comfortable developing and assisting others on the Embedded Software team to debug low layer software issues on the Magic Leap device.
We’re building the next generation spatial computing platform, and need engineers who are willing to dive in and help us create the best product possible. If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, and much more.
This internship will begin in June 2023 and requires physical presence at Magic Leap's headquarters in Plantation, FL.
- Good knowledge of embedded Linux and/or Realtime development
- Fluent in the C language, proficient in C++
- Familiarity with embedded development tools and processes
- Familiarity with Linux performance, memory utilization, and extensible architectures
- Familiarity in architecting drivers for peripherals over various interfaces, including I2C, SPI, USB, and PCI-E
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware and other software modules, such as TCP/IP, I2C, PCI, ring buffers, and cross-core interrupts
- Must be a good communicator and self-motivated to complete projects, and enjoy HW/SW debugging
Nice To Haves
- Experience with RTOS
- A basic understanding of the HW/SW requirements of machine vision
- Familiarity in a high-volume production environment
- Familiarity with using JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, and other debuggers
- Familiarity with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Ability to work directly with the hardware team for device bring-up and debugging a plus
- Currently seeking a Bachelors or Masters degree (preferred) in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Location: Plantation, FL
Country: United States