At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an Electronics Engineer to join a team focused on designing and building cutting-edge hardware tools for motion capture and game production. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Santa Monica.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in designing circuit boards and programming embedded systems with an emphasis on rapid prototyping and quick turn-around designs. You need to be a well-rounded tinkerer at heart. You will collaborate with an experienced team of design engineers deploying and supporting new gear around the world. There is a lot to learn. You will not be bored!
WHAT WE DO
- We design and build cutting-edge hardware tools for motion capture and game production.
- We collaborate with closely with our stakeholders to create and invent new devices.
- We design cameras, high precision timing circuits, scanners, etc., all in the service of creating the best games.
- Design, build and support electronic devices.
- Develop solutions using embedded/higher level C and/or Python.
- Design embedded systems and program firmware.
- Create documentation and deploy our products.
- Some travel needed.
- 4+ years of experience with PCB design and/or programming.
- Knowledge of Altium and/or Eagle for circuit board design
- Experience using C/C++ or Python for programming embedded microcontrollers in Windows or Linux environments.
- Understanding of digital and analog circuit designs, and firmware programming.
- Ability and willingness to assemble prototypes using milling machines, lasers, and 3D printers for prototyping. In the absence of this experience, looking for aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to collaborate in a small group.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with FPGA VHDL Xilinx and Lattice.
- Knowledge of embedded Linux.
- Python, QT experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States