Kabam is seeking an Economy Designer to join their team in creating addictive and compelling player experiences for their game, Marvel Contest of Champions. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of economic concepts, be good at math, probability, and statistics, and have a keen business sense. They will be responsible for designing, implementing, tuning, and balancing economic models, game systems, and progression paths, as well as continually iterating, balancing, and tuning the game's economy based on feedback from the game teams, data, user testing, and the broader player community. The candidate should have experience working in a professional office environment and collaborating with diverse, cross-functional teams. Kabam supports fully remote work setups for their employees.
Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for hundreds of millions of players. Our Economy Designers understand how a game works as a service, taking it one step further and analyzing how players behave. Diving deep into data, our Economy Designers work to make sure our in-game resources have value. Working closely with our Live Operations and Data Science teams, Economy Designers plan long-term player progression and develop monetization strategies. With consistent data-informed business sense, you will also contribute to the overall design of our products as we build compelling games to entertain the world.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for an Economy Designer to join the team making one of the most successful games of all time: Marvel Contest of Champions. Don't live in Vancouver? Apply anyway! Kabam now supports fully remote work setups for our employees.
Your day to day duties include:
- Collaborating with an extremely talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Live Operations to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for decades.
- Designing, implementing, tuning and balancing economic models, game systems and progression paths, gathering feedback and adjusting the design accordingly.
- Continually iterating, balancing and tuning the game’s economy based on feedback from the game teams, data, user testing and the broader player community.
- Acting as an economics consultant to other design teams, providing input on the game’s vision and helping champion that vision to other team members by identifying potential sales drivers.
- Creating design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision.
- Building free-to-play games that the world loves to play.
- This position requires an individual who has a strong understanding of economic concepts, is good at math, probability and statistics, has a keen business sense and understands the market in which Free 2 Play games operate.
Your background includes:
- 2+ years experience as an Economy Designer or Systems Designer, with fluency in F2P. OR Strong economics and math skills along with expert knowledge of Marvel Contest of Champions.
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing...or some kind of combination of the above.
- Spreadsheet wizardry.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of game design. As a player, you have a deep understanding of build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Incredibly analytical thinking with the ability to break problems down.
- Market knowledge that equips you with monetization strategies to improve performance in the game.
- Experience working in a professional office environment and collaborating with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience with measures of business success like KPIs and earnings.
- Passion for different types of games such as board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of video games with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-05-04