At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is currently seeking a highly talented Tools Programmer who possess a passion for tools development and improving user workflows. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across the entire dynamic art toolchain, and help drive our technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
This role will involve developing and maintaining the tools for characters, vehicles, weapons and props – with a specific focus on editor applications that enable live editing capabilities.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Work within the Tools team on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, including our asset pipeline and standalone applications.
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and designers to build applications that enable the creation of Rockstar’s complex and ambitious games.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Strong C++ or C# skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with WPF, XAML and the MVVM pattern.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Familiarity with at least one digital content creation package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom