In this role you will be responsible for the highest level discipline-specific contribution on product development projects of unprecedented difficulty. S/he will direct and coordinated activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production. You will perform the most advanced engineering work and directs principal and lead-level engineers on major projects. In this role you will apply extremely complex engineering principles developing, testing and modifying designs. S/he will work cross functionally with discipline-specific development teams to identify technical requirements, scope, features, and risks. You will be responsible for translating customer and regulatory requirements into technical product requirements.
- Serves in both a leadership role and as a direct contributor
- Manages projects as a hands-on contributor using technical and administrative skills to oversee and complete engineering projects.
- Works with the systems engineering, optical engineering, machine vision / perception, electrical engineering, industrial design, and human factors teams supporting organization-wide requirements elicitation, management, translation between disciplines and customers, and documentation.
- Meets with Key Opinion Leaders / End-Users at luminary sites to understand their needs; Supports translation of business specifications into technical specifications.
- Defines system architecture, components, modules, interfaces, analysis, documentation and management to satisfy specified requirements.
- Expert in developing unique methods to analyze engineering designs to determine feasibility or performance relative to product specifications. Examples of validation methods could involve FEA, mock-ups or tests.
- Expert in developing unique concepts and designs for Augmented reality devices along with the supporting products and accessories using 3D CAD (i.e. Creo). The designs should support high volume manufacturing and meet all of the product requirements. Manages technical aspects of projects as a hands-on contributor. Also guides and mentors team members using technical and administrative skills to ensure project requirements are met on schedule and within budget.
- Assesses, and validates the capabilities of technology choices or systems that are to be used in the product development process to ensure they meet the product requirements (ie. Equipment, Fixtures, Parts, etc.)
- Assists in all facets of the regulatory approvals process, including design reviews, test plan preparation, troubleshooting/mitigation.
- Assists development organization during the product implementation, integration, verification, and certification phases to help mediate discrepancies and communicate decisions back to program management.
- Provides technical leadership to the development team distributed globally at various design centers; Leads, advocates and enforces best practices in design, development and testing.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Engineering Managers, Operations and Client Services teams to deliver a global, scalable, reliable mission-critical solutions.
- Develops unique, novel, and innovative solutions to technical challenges with the implementation of new products; Documents and submits invention disclosures to protect Magic Leap intellectual property.
- Chairs technical design reviews co-chairs critical design reviews with the Program Manager representing the concerns of his or her functional specialty on the product development team.
- Computer Skills: Creo (CAD), Windchill, Jump (statistics)
- Certifications: Prefer Six Sigma Green belt or Black Belt
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 20+ years’ experience; or Masters and 15+ years’ experience; or PhD and 12+ years’ experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- 15+yrs of experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in Mechanical Engineering
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed