Magic Leap is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their hardware development team and work on next-generation product development. The engineer will be responsible for all aspects of product development from concept to productization, including architecture and design, hardware validation, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of relevant experience, a solid understanding of digital and analog design, experience with product development, and experience designing and validating high-speed mixed signal PCBs. They should also have experience with electrical and optical lab equipment and testing, CAD experience, simulation experience, good troubleshooting and debugging skills, and experience coding in Python or other scripting languages. A BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields is preferred, and an MS is preferred. This role offers a salary range of $93,000—$127,000 USD, a discretionary bonus, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Magic Leap is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience to join the hardware development team working on next-generation product development. In this role, you will be developing new technologies for display systems. The engineer will be responsible for all aspects of product development from concept to productization including architecture and design, hardware validation, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. Join our team developing next-generation technology for augmented reality devices in an agile hardware environment.
- Research and development of new display technologies from concept to productization
- Rapid prototyping, development, and testing of hardware proof of concepts and experiments.
- Design, analyze, simulate, and verify electrical boards for high-speed low-power wearable display technologies.
- Definition of system and module level specifications.
- Contribute to ASIC architecture, design, and verification.
- Characterize and optimize display module electrical and optical performance.
- Develop and execute test plans for design verification and experiments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues.
- 5+ years of work experience in a related field
- Solid understanding of Digital and Analog Design
- Experience with product development
- Experience working with vendors to clearly communicate specifications and product expectations
- Experience designing and validating high-speed mixed signal PCBs.
- Experience with electrical and optical lab equipment and testing.
- CAD experience (Cadence or other schematics/layout tools)
- Simulation experience using PSPICE or similar.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience coding in Python or other scripting languages for experiment data collection and analysis.
- Ability to pivot quickly and work in a startup environment.
- Familiarity with LED and LCD technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Deep understanding of system integration involving complex optomechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with ASIC architecture and integration.
- Experience with high-speed interfaces such as MIPI, DisplayPort, USB, and PCIe.
- Experience with low-power design and optimization.
- Experience with display pipelines, algorithms, and processing.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields preferred (Computer Engineering or other).
- MS preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-01