WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As Director, UXUI - Social Ecosystem, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Epic’s network strategy. You will lead design for cross-platform social products (mobile, in-game, and as a third party service) that will enable users to connect and collaborate across Epic’s games, marketplaces, and tools.
You will manage several small teams, leading by example. You will work with design, product, and engineering leads across several organizations, building successful strategic partnerships that will help make Epic so much more than the sum of its parts. The right candidate has an eye for detail, can paint the big picture, and has a deep love of craft and quality. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
In this role, you will
- Leading a multidisciplinary UX team to ship best-in-class user experiences
- Working as a strategic partner with Engineering and Product Management leadership peers to set the long term vision for a suite of focus areas, and define the overall strategy and direction for the group
- Deep, foundational understanding of and ability to lead, all UX disciplines (Research, Design, Content Strategy, and User Experience Design)
- Fostering a culture of building and shipping with speed, consistency, and quality. You will also have a strong, scalable approach to balancing immediate needs to deliver value to our users today while setting ourselves and our merchants up for long term success
- Supporting your teams in their personal growth and development while also leveling up design quality in a fast-paced environment
What we're looking for
- Proven track record as both an individual contributor and people leader in User Experience or Product Design
- Experience leading teams of multidisciplinary UX practitioners, including research, marketing design, user experience design, and content strategy
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, with an emphasis on experimentation, instrumentation, and metrics
- Proven collaboration with product and engineering teams for driving user-centered design processes
- Curiosity and empathy for a range of customer types
- Excellent communication, coaching, and storytelling skills
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Bellevue,Washington,United States
Country: United States