Director, Product - Core Technology
The world is changing rapidly, with billions of devices of all shapes and sizes running and rendering interactive content every single day. At the same time, Creators are changing too, seeking increasingly collaborative and streamlined tools. For Unity to meet these evolving needs, we need a significant shift in our core technologies to a modular, scalable, and cloud connected architecture. We understand the depth of innovation required to succeed at such a major shift, and we want you to join us to lead the path to an incredible future!
As the Director of Product Management in our Core Technology team, you will establish a strategy to evolve Unity's core technologies. In this role, you'll partner closely with Development, Technical Program Management, and Design leaders to balance the strategy across the 3 axes of user needs, business goals, and technical feasibility. We look forward to watching the 3D connected world grow with Unity at its core once you and the team succeed!What you’ll be doing
- Own the strategy for Unity’s Core Technology evolution and future innovation of Unity for the 5-10 year horizon
- Manage a team of Product Managers, and establish good practices and techniques for PM's in the team
- Collaborate across roles and teams to ensure all plans holistically fulfill the most needed user outcomes; communicate strategy to all levels of the organization
- Prioritize the team’s research and exploration to ensure we meet the most pressing needs for the current target market and also look ahead to meeting the needs of broader Unity users
- Engage with high profile customers and partners directly, and ensure all broad communications are clear and aligned to the vision
- Product Management experience sufficient to mentor IC and Lead PMs through essential techniques, demonstrating user empathy in all coaching
- People management experience of at least small teams; capability to grow a healthy and effective team
- Experience with games and/or other 3D creation, so you can engage optimally in discussions about the challenges for these creators
- Technical background sufficient to learn and engage in analysis of possible technical architecture solutions to desired outcomes
- Strong capabilities in collaboration and driving alignment across teams who may have differing goals and priorities
- Experience navigating major new technology shifts or transitions
- Storytelling and visual presentation abilities - capability of distilling complex systems and strategies into clear and concise media
- Direct experience working on core game engine and/or platform technologies
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Date posted: 2022-01-20