The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Director, Pokemon Center Program Management
Job Summary: The Pokémon Center Program Management Director will be responsible for driving the program and project management of the initiatives for Pokémon Center businesses by leading a team of project managers. The team focuses mainly on merchandise development project management and cross-functional opportunities such as PLM implementation and new territory expansion program management. The position is supposed to work with Pokémon Center e-commerce leaders, Pokémon Center Merchandise Development leaders and other relevant teams in the company..
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Join leadership team of rapidly expanding Pokémon Center business domestically and internationally
- Lead a team of project managers for cross functional project and program management such as daily merchandise development, yearly product development planning, Pokémon Center international expansion and PLM implementation & operation
- Partner closely with Directors in relevant departments such as Pokémon Center e-commerce and Pokémon Center Merchandise development to identify and address to the opportunities in the operations of the business for the future growth and improvement
- Play a critical role in the coming PLM implementation, working with internal Business application team and relevant system users across the whole Pokémon Center business teams
- Develop and manage merchandise development related dashboard for better management visibility
- Manage and lead the continuous improvement projects
What you’ll bring
- Manage the multiple deadlines and priorities of stakeholders, acting as problem solver and facilitator
- Hands on with attention to details, and ability to multitask between different projects – action focused Team player with ability to work with various groups across the organization – focused on success of the group rather than individual
- Self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communicator, with an ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level).
- Over 12 years working in project and program management, merchandise development related roles is preferred.
- Over 5 years people management experience
- Project and Program Management experience is a must
- PLM implementation experience as a system user is strongly preferred
- Strong interest in entertainment industries is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of time
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $182000.00 - 277000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: EN.PMPD.M5
Internal Job Profile: Technical Program Mgmt (M4)
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed