Currently, we are looking for an experienced Director of User Research (WoT Blitz), who would be responsible for partnering with game development teams to create the highest quality game experiences. As a leader of the UR you will understand the product development cycle to identify opportunities to bring player experience insights needed to improve the quality and consumer relevance of our games. We expect that the person in this position has a passion for video games and a vision for the business impact of user research.
What will you do?
- Direct and manage all efforts related to gathering player feedback and delivering high-quality reports to the game teams.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the game teams and business needs and create a UX strategy for collaborative engagement with game developers to effectively fit high-impact user feedback into their development processes.
- Design and continuously improve methodologies for successful User Testing including the use of game Telemetry data.
- Working with the resources available at Wargaming
- Build and maintain relationships across the organization.
- Act as an ambassador, evangelizing user research and UCD principles internally and externally.
- Drive user research efforts on game teams in partnership with production & design leadership on high complexity, ambiguous problem spaces to help direct the experience of our new games, systems, and features.
- Be an advocate for our players and provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
- Design a dashboard to provide project and company leadership with all the important KPI data in one place.
- Create the business model and scenarios to aid in the go/no-go decision for in-development products.
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of user experience research management experience in a global capacity and games industry experience delivering across all phases of research on AAA videogame titles.
- Experience running playtests and usability tests in a variety of paradigms, potentially including moderated testing, unmoderated testing, focused feature-specific testing, holistic and longitudinal testing, and more complex or constrained testing paradigms.
- Trusted to operate independently regardless of structure, owns larger problems/projects/workstreams.
- Experience synthesizing, designing, and presenting data for maximum impact and understanding.
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses).
- Experience working with leadership at the “team of teams” level on strategic and operational problems.
- Strong commitment to quality work, a deep passion and understanding of game design, be organized, analytical, methodical.
- Strong verbal, numerical and written communication skills required; presenting information concisely and effectively to people at all levels of the organization is critical.
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with stakeholders of different backgrounds and responsibilities.
- Fluent English and can promote collaboration across different languages and cultures.
- Experience working with multicultural teams is a benefit.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.