Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship, fun, and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a dynamic and creative communicator with deep understanding of gamer communities and a track record of crafting compelling stories to lead our strategic and rapid response communication efforts. As a member of the Wizards Communications team, you will partner closely with many cross-functional teams to develop impactful rapid response and crisis communications strategies. You'll implement and respond through the lenses of deep familiarity with our brands' diverse global communities, and understanding of the general business landscape.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller with experience working with long-standing and passionate diverse fandoms. You can distill complex concepts into easy to understand communications for global internal and external audiences. You possess the ability to analyze opportunities and risks associated with external inquiries, and the strategic judgment to respond accordingly with preparedness, empathy and a people-first approach. Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about the gaming community, a trust builder and are eager to tell our brands' stories. This position will report into the Senior Director of Communications & Publicity.
What You'll Do:
- Advise on communication strategy and process with business partners in legal, marketing, game design, investor relations, product, and other internal teams as appropriate.
- Appropriately handle roadblocks that impact execution.
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of effective crisis and rapid response strategy plans, including social media and press strategies, press releases, statements, content creation, and FAQs. Ensuring best-in-class crisis response communications preparedness.
- Build partnerships with key internal partners, collaborating across teams and locations to share information, manage project timelines, and expectations.
- Coordinate with legal teams to ensure that all communications are legally compliant and do not put the organization at risk of liability.
- Provide reports and analysis on key issues.
- Monitor and evaluate results of communication plans, using specific metrics to track progress and insights for continuous improvement.
- Spot trends, monitor for emerging or active issues and "see around the corner" to predict what might happen next
- Respond to intermittent and unexpected issues that may occur and result in work activity outside of standard working hours.
What You'll Bring:
- Demonstrated 8+ years in Gaming-related corporate communications and public relations experience in-house or at an agency or a blend of both.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement communication strategies.
- Experience with rapid response and crisis management communications.
- Established relationships with a broad range of media contacts, with outstanding depth in gaming media.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with sound business judgment in fast-paced and ambiguous situations.
- Passion for measurement and analysis to drive results and prioritize work.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and experience with project management software.
- Experience with tabletop gaming communities preferred.
- Passion for Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and the overall gamer community.
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company preferred.
- Continuously champion, promote, and advance diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Country: United States