Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you the next leader for Magic: The Gathering’s experimental DTC sub-brand?
We are looking for a creative and bold Director of Secret Lair to guide Secret Lair as a product line, program, and team! In this role, you will directly guide the Secret Lair team (7 - 10 reports), drive our product strategy, and own responsibility for execution and success. Reporting to the VP of Collectibles, this role has the freedom to run Secret Lair in a way that capitalizes on its unique position as both an autonomous skunkworks and a key piece of Magic's overall collectibles strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Team – Mentor and develop the core team, unlock their potential, and grow their careers.
- Communicate Upwards – Engage constantly with Magic executive leadership, keep information flowing both ways, and coordinate goals and targets.
- Keep the Vision – Carry the torch, ensuring Secret Lair stays true to its core values as it grows and evolves.
- Build the Business – Initiate and lead efforts to expand Secret Lair's success. Pilot, experiment, and take on new opportunities, all in support of a brighter future for the program.
- Build Partnerships – Cultivate robust relationships with key partners both internal and external.
- Add Sophistication – Act as a key strategic mind within the Magic Collectibles group, and across Magic overall.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years leading teams and building up individual contributors.
- Applicable experience in gaming, TCGs, collectibles, DTC program management, or an equivalent field.
- Ability to drive nuanced and complex projects successfully.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills - you will be the voice for Secret Lair across the building.
- Experience collaborating with diverse groups, partners, and subject matter specialists.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills sufficient to make you someone outside groups look forward to working with.
- A spirit of fearlessness and optimism; Secret Lair swings for the fences.
Nice to Have:
- A nuanced understanding of Magic and Secret Lair.
- First-hand experience in online/DTC sales or product management.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Renton, WA
Country: United States