PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Product Management - Cloud Gaming
Are you a ground-breaking innovator in the cloud streaming product space? Then you likely agree that Cloud Gaming is on its way to becoming a major part of the gaming industry! We are looking for a Director of Product Management who will develop the future of Cloud for PlayStation! This role should combine vision and execution with an ambitious spirit. This leadership role should be the authority on the product domain with an in-depth knowledge of industry products, including their strengths and weaknesses. This role will work with cross-functional teams within the PlayStation organization to define our future direction and then work with the Product Development teams to turn that vision into reality.
- Develop and deliver the strategic vision for cloud game streaming at PlayStation and provide leadership for related major product initiatives
- Own the efforts to deliver products and redefine how game streaming technologies can enhance game creation, monetization, and gameplay
- Work closely with all aspects of our ecosystem while seeking feedback and consensus from key partners (engineering, sales, marketing, etc.)
- Evangelize the vision and goals for cloud, its business benefits, and technical requirements across our leadership teams.
- Develop and articulate a product roadmap based on the aligned strategic vision, including the development of new hardware and software components
- Orchestrate competitive analysis, market, and user research to define user journey and satisfaction metrics to champion the voice of the customer
- Lead a team of Product Managers and develop the skills and capabilities of the product managers that report to you
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in product management or other product development roles
- Gaming or video streaming experience, or other digital live services experience
- Demonstrable experience developing long-term, multi-year product strategies, and product roadmaps
- Experience working with teams across the organization and with roles from individual contributors to the c-suite (including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills)
- Consistent track record in thinking strategically, working collaboratively and leading the delivery of complex and highly impactful projects
- Strong analytical abilities and data-driven decision-making, with proven attention to detail
- Ability to travel, as necessary
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Diego, CA
Country: United States