PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our incredible team that drives the future of Checkout, Payments, and Fraud at PlayStation. This product lead will be part of a dynamic team that focuses on our omni-channel digital retail business and will be a key member to drive innovation, constant learning, and conversion optimization.
- Drive primary metrics throughout our platform by building tools, systems, and experiences that create frictionless checkout and payment flows that allow players to connect to great play.
- Work closely with and collaborate with key internal global business partners to develop long term strategies and prioritize work for many teams.
- Develop the product team in their growth and expertise in the craft of Product Management - guiding talent at all levels to achieve their potential and drive PlayStation forward.
- Clearly articulate the “why” in product briefs that set context for teams and set them up to bring their talent and problem-solving skills.
- Manage a long-term strategic plan that will help direct and empower the existing team in the near-term delivery of products. Represent that plan to a myriad of people throughout the organization.
- Partner with Program Management as they oversee delivery, manage timelines, resolve blockers and risks.
- Support Design and User Experience Research in the creation of new functionality and checkout optimization.
- Be data driven and ensure that we are working cross functionally to analyze trends and look for opportunities for product improvement.
- Build rapport with Engineering leads to set trajectory for successful delivery of suite of products across varied PlayStation business and engineering teams/verticals.
- Partner with Global Payments, Fraud and Decision Science teams to create a customer-centric, compliant, and optimized payment and checkout experience wherever in the world customers can access our experiences.
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
- Be a champion of PlayStation’s cultural values - driving inclusion and collaboration at all levels.
- Be accountable for the backlog of initiatives and features, driving cross functional collaboration across the organization.
Skills & Experience
- 8-10 years Product Management experience
- 5+ years Payments Experience
- 4+ years Leadership and people management experience
- FinTech Experience a plus
- Experience with agile product development
- Demonstrated experience with A|B Testing, data analysis and hypothesis driven innovation.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to distill complex information for a variety of audiences to build clear plans cross organizationally.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Diego, CA
Country: United States