Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
The Director of Concept Art reports to the Studio Art Director and will provide leadership for the concept department. It requires a proactive communicator who can work with the other project, which leads to realizing the vision, being a consistent source of artistic concept direction and qualitative feedback for the projects, and the external voice of the concept team to partners. If you thrive on new challenges and can define and communicate clear and compelling artistic direction and feedback, we'd like to hear from you.
- Mentor and guide the concept art department in terms of creative culture, approach, and execution of ideas
- Encourage and excite the concept team to find their voice and help them apply it to shape unique new projects and fit in with established brands and IP
- Help build and nurture studio-wide creative culture and approach
- Collaborate with the design and narrative teams to build a visual language for new products
- Understand the needs of our diverse development partners and publishers, creating strategies for concept direction across a wide range of titles, franchises, and game types
- Provide department leadership and continue the development of a world-class concept art team
- Incorporate key brand touchstones into the concept direction freshly and excitingly while maintaining the qualities that make the IP unique in the marketplace
- Work with development leads and directors to develop a strategy that provides strong concept art resources to cover the studio's diverse project needs
- Collaborate with production staff to create and maintain project schedules and deliverables
- 10+ years experience in the entertainment industry with at least 4 years experience in AAA brand and IP development
- Strong understanding of building new and working within established IP and Brands
- 3+ years in a concept leadership role
- Experience working with Art and Creative Directors to achieve consensus and maintain a consistent art style across a large range of art assets
- Experience managing teams and or departments
- Strong foundational knowledge in traditional art
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed