Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
The Director of Learning and Development at Skydance Animation will work closely with leadership across the studio to understand the development needs and opportunities at the studio. The role will develop training strategies to build and implement programs to the meet the needs of studio and team members. This role will partner and collaborate with the Talent Development team in Madrid to identify learning opportunities across the studio’s locations. The position reports to the VP, Human Resources. #Animation
- Partner with senior leadership to understand the studio needs and desired outcomes to establish and implement talent development programs
- Oversees the development of training programs/resources for the studio
- Work closely with production management, artist development, and technology leadership to understand evolving technology and to identify and implement artistic tools training programs
- Develop a mentorship program to support development of artists in both a mentee and mentor capacity
- Identify and manage external L&D vendors and programs
- Implement and facilitate programs in support of studio learning goals
- Evaluate and assess effectiveness of programs and establish best practices for the studio
- Ensure an ongoing awareness of industry best practices for learning and development
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in HR or relevant discipline
- 10+ years of experience in Learning and Development, ideally in Entertainment
- Expertise in talent and leadership development
- Exceptional project and process management skills
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- The ability to travel as necessary (10% or less)
- A trustworthy, credible individual who is highly collaborative and able to build effective relationships across the organization
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with a demonstrated track record of establishing self as a trusted advisor to the business
- An individual who balances long term, strategic thought with a willingness to engage in both strategic and tactical activities as necessary to get things done
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including comprehension and effective listening
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Mid-City, Los Angeles
Date found: 2022-11-07
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed