Director, Internal & Employee Communications
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity is looking for an experienced Director of Internal and Employee Communications who can lead and evolve our strategy to meet the pace of a fast-growing, global company and align with our remote, geographically dispersed organization. To succeed, you will need to be highly collaborative, creative, and engaged!
The role is to lead the strategic development and execution of all global internal communications and employee engagement programs with an aim to build an internal understanding of Unity’s business strategy, culture, and values. This position will help support our change management efforts through company-wide employee communications for 5,000+ employees, across existing and future communication channels and vehicles.
This position isn’t just about repeating the current playbook. We want someone who will come to Unity with fresh ideas and new thinking including using emerging technologies and platforms to engage our very active, passionate, and engaged employee base! This leader must be able to simultaneously manage, coordinate, and execute multiple complex internal communications projects across the company including building a strong and collaborative partnership with our executive team and People/HR organization.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement company-wide internal communication and employee engagement strategies and plans that engage, align and inspire employees with Unity’s vision and business strategy and to drive employees' understanding of priorities and key initiatives. This also ensures consistency and alignment of internal communication activities across all functions and regions.
- Serve as a strategic business partner and provide counsel to our executive leaders as needed and develop messaging and internal presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics. This individual must thoroughly understand business issues and be able to prepare communication materials for a mix of internal audiences.
- Manage a growing team of Internal and Employee Comms managers responsible for supporting our Create, Operate, and other key business units.
- Drive strategy, plan content, and oversee implementation for our global Town Hall cadence.
- Establish a robust employee engagement program, including identifying and implementing communications opportunities to connect leadership with employees, and developing key messages and communications materials.
- Establish and track metrics that help correlate internal communications programs to employee success and organization performance.
- Represent the voice of the employee to leadership and also reflect employee voice in messaging.
- Partner with Corporate PR, HR, and Brand teams to help define and build the Unity employer brand, including how we show up in the market externally and how we bring the brand to life internally through our employee comms strategy.
- Utilize our employee communication channels (e.g., All Hands meetings, Slack, engagement surveys, Intranet, etc) to ensure we are listening and learning from our employees, and grounding our communications efforts in data.
- Take ownership for experimenting and developing new skills. We know there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to the ways we communicate, and not everything works for everyone, all of the time. You should excel at trying new things in order to see what resonates best with our various audiences.
What we’re looking for
- 10 years experience in communications leadership, with emphasis on internal or employee communications
- Experience working with large multinational corporations
- Familiarity with high growth, highly skilled workforce
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20