Director, Design - Ultra
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity’s Ultra Simple Creation (Ultra) team is building out new creative tools that will encourage and enable entirely new markets of makers. Your role will be to own design: both of the tools, and also the templates, stock content and collateral that will accelerate our users.
This product team, Ultra, is an extension of Unity’s belief that the world is better with more creators in it. Specifically, Ultra is highly targeted at the extensive number of common creative tasks that everyday people have to do. We make it easier than ever to make beautiful, high quality creations.
This role is especially pivotal as a ‘startup co-founder’. You will work alongside your peers in product & engineering, and specifically be responsible for the feel, look, and design of the products, as well as curating artistic content. You will be a key partner, lending design expertise to the vision, strategy, and product priorities. Reporting directly to the VP of Ultra, this is a high visibility role, critical to the team’s success.
A rare opportunity to join a 0-1 product team, helping to expand Unity’s tool suite to an entirely new class of users.What you’ll be doing
- Crafting an outstanding, and highly approachable web design tool with first-rate templates and content
- Building out a design team that spans a wide range: product design, UX, brand design & illustration, animation, 3D design and video
- Coming up with novel, groundbreaking ways of combing templates and tools to unlock even the most unskilled creators
- A highly skilled designer with phenomenal design sensibilities, both for digital products, and design fields like 3D/Mograph, typography, and classic graphic design
- Background in web and mobile design, specifically consumer apps
- A skilled people manager, capable of running multiple teams and workstreams
- Ability to innovate and play with the concept of creation—we are looking for best, not parity
- Experience in 3D design, animation, video, interactive experiences or XR
- Brand and marketing experience, or creative agency experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20