Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a digital sorcerer who wields magic tools in Photoshop? Do you have the creative ability to build and finalize sophisticated print files coupled with an obsession for making every last detail aesthetically dialed in? If so, this may be the role for you! We’re looking for a Digital Artist to join our creative production team working on Magic and other games.
What You'll Do:
- Manage extensive card sets through all phases of imaging production, while meeting project timelines and maintaining file organization.
- Refine and modify illustrative artwork for print and digital media through retouching, color correction, adjusting ink density, re-sizing, cropping, generating clipping paths, and hand-brushing spot plate masks.
- Use your digital retouching wizardry to extend cropped characters and adjust visual elements due to legal and art direction requirements.
- Build intricate alpha masks and selections for premium print plates, then assemble final artwork in card frames using your outstanding eye for composition and visual hierarchy.
- Post proofs for approval and revision through partner teams, and see your files through the production pipeline.
What You Bring:
- 2+ years of next level knowledge of Photoshop with a competence for digital retouching and digital compositing.
- Excellent color vision, knowledge of color theory, and an understanding of ICC color management.
- Ability to complete work accurately in a time-sensitive environment with focus, reliability, and succinct communication.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently while meeting handoff targets and following project requirements.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people while learning and refining efficient production solutions.
- Hunger to challenge yourself by evolving new processes, and seeking answers to the unknown.
- Specialization in Adobe workflows / Mac environment required.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Fully Remote