PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for a Dialogue Lead to join our Audio Team! The Dialogue Lead is responsible for the dialogue quality throughout the production cycle of our projects. This individual will oversee the dialogue pipeline, including planning, recording, and technical implementation of all V.O. associated with the project/s into our engine utilizing Wwise middleware. With team well-being in mind, they will ensure on time deliveries at the highest level of quality through strategic planning, team leadership, and collaboration with Audio Directors and Managers, Creative Directors, and the entire dialogue team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coaches and mentors Dialogue team members in their craft, including technical implementation (Wwise) and creative design; provides guidance in their careers and in their working relationships with their peers.
- Works with Audio Director and Leads on choosing, supervising, and negotiating development plans and schedules for a project.
- Meets with Creative Director and Audio Director during production to ensure Dialogue style, tone, and quality are outlined, communicated, and achieved by team.
- Collaborates with Dialogue Manager and PM to identify all project recording and implementation schedules, dialogue team assignments, and production tasks.
- Works with PM, designers, and publisher/s to coordinate all dialogue localization dates and specification documents per project.
- Works with agencies for talent casting and negotiates talent rates.
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews content to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development.
- Fosters relationships with dialogue outsourcing partners, regularly reviewing content and providing feedback.
- Communicate ideas and dialogue technical details clearly to teams/departments working in other disciplines.
- Makes recommendations for ordering equipment, tools, and software for the dialogue team.
- Plans and schedules all editorial/mastering outsourcing support and works with Audio Manager and Department Head to coordinate associated budgets.
- May create and implements dialogue content for project/s.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise a small group of employees across all audio disciplines and studio locations and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Focus in dialogue recording & editing, creation, mixing, processing and/or implementation, or dialogue post in a AAA production development studio is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Advanced experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Advanced proficiency with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge).
- Experience with Wwise and Audio Plug Ins related to dialogue normalization and effect processing.
- Comfortable and adept with both PC and Mac-based operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment.
- Must be a good team leader and be able to make informed decisions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships with other departments as well as external contractors.
Work Environment: Employee will be exposed to varying Sound Pressure Levels (SPL) throughout their workflow, on a daily basis.
This position is open to remote work from most places in the US and Canada.
Interested? Please submit a resume, cover letter, and link to website or portfolio to be considered. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States