Gunzilla Games is an independent AAA game developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer to design and implement pipelines for build, release, deployment, and configuration for the game. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in DevOps or Build Engineering, experience with Windows and Linux, Python, PowerShell, Groovy, CI/CD software, version control software, and cloud deployment. Experience with Unreal Engine, Perforce/Helix, SQL/NoSQL databases, Jenkins, and Microsoft Azure is a plus. Gunzilla Games offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks. They encourage diversity and promise to give equal consideration to all applicants. The recruitment process involves a registration form, CV and portfolio submission, Zoom call with the recruitment team, hiring manager and team Zoom interviews, competency test (if required), and final decision.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a DevOps Engineer. You will design and implement the pipelines for build, release, deployment, and configuration for OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical assistance
- Design and implement a build, release, deployment, and configuration pipelines
- Perform root cause investigation to failures in the build process
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and bottlenecks in the existing build, deployment, and development toolset
- Support and monitor the virtual infrastructure, ensuring that all the services are up and running
- 2+ years of proven experience, preferably as a DevOps or a Build Engineer
- Experience administering Windows and Linux
- Experience developing/scripting with Python, PowerShell, Groovy
- Experience with CI/CD software
- Experience using version control software
- Experience with deployment of software in the cloud
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine build and deployment pipelines
- Experience working with Perforce/Helix
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases deployment and administration
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-24